I can help you with these services: Freelance writing for consumers and healthcare professionals, recipe development, test item writing, presentations and webinars, and editing.
Freelance Writing Services
Articles for Consumers
Perfect for websites and newsletters, focused on your client’s interests with SEO in mind. My areas of expertise include plant-based diets, wellness, prevention, sustainability, Jewish cultural foods, nutrition for children, and healthy cooking tips.
Hanukkah: Celebrating the Festival of Lights: Eatright.org
Oatmeal 101 for the Pennsylvania Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics blog
Continuing Education Articles for Health Care Professionals
Articles to help keep up to date with current nutrition and health science for registered dietitians, nurses, food service directors, and child care providers. Here are some examples of my published articles:
- Nutritional Challenges and Solutions in Long Term Care Residents on Maintenance Dialysis – PADONA Journal
- Soy on the Menu – Dietary Manager
- Probiotics & Prebiotics – Today’s Dietitian
- What You Need to Know About the DASH Diet – HPSI Insight
- How to Hydrate – HPSI Insight
- Three Critical Skills for RDs in the Food Industry – Supermarket Savvy
Easy to follow, carefully tested healthy recipes.
And the recipes I wrote on this website!
Test Item Writing
-Certified by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
-Creating test items for non-profits, public relations agencies, and textbook publishers since 2002
-Continuing education credits for:
- registered dietitians/nutritionists and dietetic technicians/registered
- physician assistants
Webinars and live presentations for conferences, lunch and learn wellness programs, and more.
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Food & Nutrition Conference & Exhibition
- Tristate Renal Dietetic Association
- Pennsylvania and Delaware state dietetic associations
- Suncoast and Central Pennsylvania Dietetic Associations
Nutrition topics include: Kids Eat Right nutrition education grants for schools and community organizations and Jewish cultural foods plus a cooking demo.
Speaker for the Bucks County Community College Faculty of the Future conference several times.
- Service-learning in nutrition courses
- Flipped learning
- Teaching strategies for dual enrollment students
- Collaboration with counselors in allied health courses
- Content and line editing of nutrition newsletters, blog posts, and recipes.
- Accuracy checking for publisher online content – nutrition titles.
Contact me here to discuss your project!